Reiki Share & Clinic
This Reiki Share & Clinic is for Reiki Practitioners who have completed Reiki I, II or III Master Level of achievement. We also welcome those interested in learning about Reiki, and potentially leading to being a Reiki Practitioner.
Who is this event open to?
Our Reiki Clinic is open for our Reiki Practitioners to receive self-care from their Reiki colleagues. Practitioners may also have the opportunity to practice Reiki on community members scheduled by The Tree of Health Center.
What does it include?
- Discussion, meditation and giving-and-receiving of Reiki healing.
- Reiki Share & Clinic is open to Reiki Practitioners.
- Reiki Share is open to those curious about Reiki.
- Reiki Clinic is open to the public upon appointment only.
(Share & Clinic)
Reiki will not interfere with any medical treatment you are receiving. In fact, you will find self-healing with Reiki is a wonderful addition to medical care. It can decrease stress often times associated with chronic or acute medical conditions. This will support the mind and body to heal while enlivening the spirit to feel whole again.
If you are feeling anxious, you will feel calmer. When you calm the nervous system, your mind and body will relax. This creates a chain of events to help bring you back into balance. It will calm your nerves before a big test or public speaking. Stuck in traffic, a few moments of Reiki will help you to be in a more grounded place when you finally reach your destination. Just five or ten minutes of Reiki a day will help you to move into your day feeling centered, at peace and energized.
Benefits of Reiki
Join this 8-week class series to instill this practice into your everyday life for renewed abilities of focus, concentration and memory retention. * You may sit on chairs or a soft seat. If you prefer the floor, please bring your own cushion or bench.
For anyone who wants to improve their focus, memory and brain health. In a peaceful and relaxed setting attendees will learn Kirtan Kriya. From the yoga tradition, this meditation is sometimes called the singing exercise, as it involves singing sounds. Results from the Alzheimer’s Research and Prevention Foundation has shown that practicing for just 12 minutes a day can improve attention and activate memory centers in the brain.
Meditation Series for Memory Improvement
This class series introduces beginning and former meditators to a regular meditation practice, leading them from the basics through advanced tools for inner peace, reception, contemplation and life success.
Topics & interactive learnings include:
• MAJOR BENEFIT: Allows You to Know Your True Self
Mindful Meditation for Beginners
Reiki Kids is a program to support our children on their spiritual journey. We are at a time on our planet where it is crucial to support children and honor their new way of being.
Reiki Kids Workshop
Children are open channels of energy and are particularly receptive to spiritual understanding and experience. They are aware and intuitive with the ability to incorporate new ways of connecting with themselves, others and the world. Children naturally love to help and receive great joy by using Reiki, offering their love to their family through the gift of hands-on healing.
About this Workshop
This course is for children to get in touch with subtle energy and learn simple methods of using Reiki. An attunement is offered during this workshop, the acceptance of which is entirely up to the child. The emphasis is placed on experiencing Reiki and putting words and feelings to this experience through art, movement and sound. The workshop is conducted in a child friendly environment. Parents are welcome to stay in a helping capacity. There will be creative work and physical play. As such, comfortable clothes are essential.
Our Reiki Kids class can help children in the following ways:
Reiki Kids Workshop includes
Reiki for Kids
EFT for Weight Loss Covers
Learn to shift your brain chemistry so you can look at ANY food and take it or leave it.
Naturally Thin Eating:
Learn how to program your mind for automatic new behaviors.
Discover the limiting beliefs about your family, friends, and other significant people that can keep you stuck.
End Emotional Eating:
Learn a daily routine that will re-program your mind to neutralize stress immediately.
Your brain is wired for pleasure. Learn to associate exercise with the pleasure of feeling good and looking good.
Learn the key to improving your relationships with others and yourself, by clearing your brain's hard drive of negative thoughts about your body.
EFT for Weight Loss Class
Zen Baby Practice for mommy, daddy and baby-to-be!
Reiki is an energy therapy that works with the body’s own remarkable healing capabilities. It helps to promote and accelerate the natural healing process and restore balance on all levels - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
Self-healing with Reiki can be done safely for pregnant women. It does not cause any harm to the mother or her unborn baby, therefore making it safe to be used not only during all stages of pregnancy, but also from conception right through to childbirth.
The body and mind of an expectant mother go through a lot of changes during pregnancy. The energy balance in her body and mind (emotional balance) is under constant pressure, potentially weakening her physically and emotionally. Self healing with Reiki during pregnancy can help balance her energy and clear her body, mind and spirit. This can help her relax deeply and enable her to react quickly to all body and lifestyle changes with ease. Reiki can be highly beneficial in helping her pregnancy to develop in a stable, balanced and natural manner.
Seek a doctor's attention if you notice anything unusual or feel out of the ordinary. Reiki is great to be used in conjunction with midwives and any other professional in your birthing team.
Benefits of Zen Baby Practice
American Legion (Post 86), 20 Yates Ave, Newton, NJ · Fee: $12/class OR $60 for 6 classes ($10/class)
Gentle Yoga Class: This class provides a safe and encouraging environment to learn the foundations of a yoga practice while allowing the body to release tension and de-stress. There will be a focus on the stretching and toning muscles, breathing exercises and meditation. Develop strength, stamina and flexibility while relaxing and rejuvenating the body and mind. Class Welcomes All Levels.
This fun and engaging 45min class combines unique preschooler-friendly yoga poses with songs, stories, and games to create an enriching parent/child activity. Each class is personalized around preschoolers' curiosities as they learn yoga through social interaction, repetition, and play. Children ages 2-4 years also learn how to relieve frustration, improve motor skills, and increase attention span by actively following directions. Help your child build the foundation for a healthy and fit lifestyle while having fun! No yoga experience is required. In our classes, younger siblings are welcome to come to class too! A program suitable for more than one child in a family!
* Family fee includes 1-2 adults plus up to 2 children. Any additional children would be $35 per series.
Mommy & Me
Music, Movement & Yoga
Come with one book choice for members to read. Any genre is welcome.
Meet fellow lovers of the written word and enjoy engaging conversation. All within a cozy environment at TTOHC.
May 27th's book is "A Stranger in the House," by Shari Lapena. In this neighborhood, danger lies close to home. A domestic thriller packed full of secrets, and a twisty story that never stops—from the bestselling author of The Couple Next Door.
Book of the Month Club
Come watch a powerful and inspirational movie with your like-minded friends! Everyone is welcome as we enjoy an uplifting movie and share enlightening conversation. We are offering a safe environment to share our thoughts and ask questions around spirituality and our connection to the world.
May 26th's movie is "Marvin's Room."
Bessie (Diane Keaton) and Lee (Meryl Streep) are sisters who have remained apart for nearly 20 years due to radically different personalities and life paths. Bessie remained in Florida to care for their ill, bed-ridden father (Hume Cronyn), and Lee moved to Ohio to marry and have a family. But Bessie's doctor (Robert De Niro) has informed her she has leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant. Bessie's prognosis and Lee's troubled son (Leonardo DiCaprio) create an unexpected family reunion.
Film, Friends & Food
Sometimes we have issues, problems or things we need to discuss, ideas or thoughts that we need to share. Sometimes those notions or problems are something that, no matter how much we try to discuss it, a woman, our significant other, mother, wife or girlfriend just wouldn't understand. If you try to talk to another male, he may scoff making light of it, or tease you about being concerned about something "like that".
Be honest, do you really have a circle of friends, male or female, that you can discuss personal problems with? So, you either dismiss it as trivial, or you find some way to mask it. You don't need to do that.
Our men's group will be a place of safety, comfort, trust and support. We are here to discuss men's issues pertinent and relevant to men. We do this among friends in an atmosphere of camaraderie and trust.
Please join us as we help each other navigate the sea of men's problems and try together to find a safe harbor of suggestions and skills to cope with these problems.
- You will recognize how males are approaching a problem and how it could be improved
- Through discussion and exercises you will understand how to improve your male approach to problems
- Become familiar and recognize first half strategies and how they affect male decision making and problem solving
- Become familiar and recognize second half strategies and how they can affect male decision making and problem solving.
- Transitioning from first half to second half strategies and decision making through initiation exercises
- Become aware of how important this transition is and how the transition can affect males in today's society and in other indigenous cultures.
John Drinkard is an Interfaith Minister, a Spiritual Counselor, an Energy Healer, Shamanic Practitioner and Vietnam Veteran.
Robert Cubby co-facilitates a NAMI Connections Peer Support Group for PTSD for veterans and first responders with John Drinkard. He is certified in Mental Health First Aid and involved with the Veteran’s Diversion Program. A career in law enforcement resulted in a diagnosis of PTSD, but he was able to continue working until retirement. Now actively involved with bringing change to departments concerning PTSD, he is appearing in the award winning documentary Code 9- Officer Needs Assistance and is an Ambassador for Code 9 Project representing Code 9 at various screening and functions.
Man to Man - Men's Circle
Its time for a party. A party you say? What kind of party? A vision board party! Just bring your creativity, your imagination, and most importantly, your vision, your dream, or your goal in life. We’ll supply the art supplies and the refreshments. We’ll all gather what we need, find a comfortable area and let our imaginations fly. Much like we did when we were kids and carefree, we will allow our imaginations to soar. Not to worry if you get stuck, I’ll be here to help. We’ll talk about our vision boards as they progress and you can leave space for future additions if you choose.
We will take our dreams, those we’ve thought of, spoke of and hoped for, and put them to a variety of mediums to express them visually. Much like writing helps us deal with feelings, so can art. Its one thing to speak of our dreams, its entirely another thing to physically make it visual. We did so when we were younger, but may have “grown up” and abandoned those special moments because we just didn’t have the time or we just thought it was silly kid’s stuff.
What you will learn:
- what a vision is for vision board purposes
- what that vision construct helps us accomplish
- conceptualizing what is needed to make that vision a reality
- applying those concepts to producing a vision board
- using that vision board to keep us focused on the goal envisioned
- experiencing our childhood creativity and imagination that may have been put aside when we “grew up”
- receiving gentle guidance, support, discussion and feedback by the facilitator while boards are being constructed
- sharing our boards with the group thus sharing our vision
The party will be open to anyone. No experience is necessary. Guys don’t shy away, you’ve got dreams and visions too and your sharing is welcome.
Some requests prior to the party
- Look through magazines, newspapers for images and words you’d like to use. Don’t worry if you don’t have any to look through. We’ll have some on hand.
- Feel free to bring snacks and beverages.
- If you want to bring art supplies such as scissors, glue sticks, old magazines, markers, colored pencils, even crayons, feel free to do so. We’ll have supplies on hand plus poster boards.
For more information please call (973) 500-8813, email info@ttohc or visit www.ttohc.com
Vision Board Party
You know your life story could help and inspire others. So write it!
Join this weekend workshop where you’ll learn how to:
• Identify the four essential elements of narrative writing
• Write your experiences and reflections in compelling prose
• Structure your story
• Avoid pitfalls and save time
• Give your book its best shot in the marketplace
The workshop is presented in a supportive environment. Our goal is your success.
The Tree of Health Center massage therapist will be available all day for neck, shoulder and reflexology to ease the tension out as your story unfolds — $1 a minute.
*195 for entire weekend!! Please choose the June 30th session for payment purposes so you don't get charged twice!
How to Write Your Memoir
What's the most important conversation any of us has? The one with ourselves. But we can be so very hard on our mind and spirit. Your Being hears every word you say! Come learn how to interrupt the critical self-talk and how to build your Self up from the inside.
· Learn the Key to replacing what tears you down with what lifts you up!
· How to rewire Self-Talk for better health and body image
· Identify your Self-Talk Tribe and Eliminate your Critics
· Simple tools to conquer the feeling of being overwhelmed by it all
Life is too short to be our own worst enemy - be your biggest cheerleader instead! And come meet others who can cheer and support you as well.
Inspiring Your Internal Conversation
Every year we are immersed in advertising around Mother's and Father's Days that make all parent/child relationships look ideal. But what do you do when that's not the case?
· My mother is gone, what do I DO on Mother's Day?
· What if your relationship with your parent is toxic or complex, or you are estranged?
· My mom ruined my childhood, how can I celebrate her?
· My family is full of tension and anger - do I have to make nice on Mother's Day?
One week before Mother's Day, we will gather to talk about all these possibilities and similar challenges. Let’s find ways to honor the day and ourselves in a more productive and empowered way.
Our animals are part of our family - and when we lose them, it can tear us apart just like any other close loss. And it makes it so much more painful when our loss and grief are not taken seriously, because it's "just a dog."
So this gathering will fill in that gap.
- Have you lost a dear cat or dog (or fish or snake or bird), but could not mourn properly because you loss was dismissed?
- Are you seeking a way to honor your beloved companion who gave you so much unconditional love?
- We will gather pictures and memorabilia from our favorite creatures and celebrate their lives - we will tell their stories of kindness and heroism, mischief and wisdom.
Give your friends of fur and feather and scale the honor they deserve - and help process some of that grief in your heart.
Nothing is a bigger bummer than those pesky annoyances that pop up & put a damper on your summer fun.
Learn how to quickly & effectively use Essential Oils to handle them all...from seasonal allergies & car sickness to bug bites, swimmer's ear, sunburns, sprained ankles & more!
Summer's too short to waste sitting on the sidelines! So, come make a few recipes to take with you & learn how to get started so you are prepared for anything!
Make as many as you like (rollers $5 each / sprays $8 each).
Summer Solutions & Travel Must Haves Essential Oils
Put yourself on your To Do list!
From foundational health & hormones to all those fun things that come along with being a woman...
Come learn about natural solutions for headaches, supporting hormones, hot flashes, balancing moods & increasing energy.
You can make some blends to take them with you so you can start feeling like your best self NOW!
In this experiential workshop, you will explore spirit realms and meet your power animal and other helping spirits. Aided by the beat of a drum or rattle, you will embark on shamanic journeys in a visionary state of consciousness employed by shamans throughout time and across many cultures and traditions.
Together we will create a safe and sacred space where all participants can join in ceremony, ritual and partner work to restore health and bring help, healing and information. No experience is necessary.
What you will learn:
• Underlying principles and concepts that enabled indigenous shamans to help their communities survive;
• How to journey to discover your own power animal, other-world teacher and/or other spiritual allies;
• Specific shamanic techniques you can use to help you find answers and restore spiritual power and well being.
You will need:
• Your lunch, snacks and beverages for yourself
• a bandanna or eyeshade
• a pillow and blanket
• a pen and notebook to record your journeys
• a drum or rattle if you have one.
• Please wear comfortable clothes.
The Shaman’s Way
Groundbreaking research has now shown what shamans have always known, that we carry within us the tears of our ancestors. Science has found that genetic mutations caused by trauma create “cellular memories” that can be transmitted to future generations. Imagine the world’s collective burden of grief from the trauma and loss accumulated through thousands of years of human history.
In this experiential workshop, we will explore our collective inheritance of ancestral grief. In the process you may discover ways that you personally may have been affected by the wounds of your own ancestors. Using the shaman’s tools of journeying, creating shamanic art and ceremony to heal these wounds and create a new legacy of peace for present and future generations.
Shamanic journey experience is helpful but not necessary to benefit from this workshop. Please bring with you:
A notebook or journal
A blanket, pillows, beach chair or some other way to get comfortable during shamanic journeying
An eye shade or something to cover your eyes
Lunch and snacks for yourself
A drum or rattle (optional)
Healing Ancestral Grief:
A Shaman's Way through Generational Trauma
Writing our stories helps us process life: that’s true for everyone from ages nine to ninety. Children ages 9 to 13 will learn the fundamental elements of story writing.
They’ll also write five stories about different kinds of experiences from their lives, all in a spirit of empowerment, acceptance, and fun.
The stories will cover adventure, change, advice, how to do something, winning and losing, and more.
We’ll explore exciting, colorful word choices and model the works of other kids and tweens, some of them published.
Includes writing prompts, snack time at each session, and a special class composition book. Children who prefer to write in a Google Drive journal should bring a laptop.
Writing Your Stories
A Summer Workshop Series for Kids and Tween
It is the height of the Sun’s power! How can we recommit ourselves to projects and goals, by harnessing that limitless potential that lives in our favorite Star.
• Learn how to harness the seasonal and elemental wisdom of High Summer.
• Motivate, create and manifest everything you are making happen!
• Elements, Earth Wisdom and our favorites, Guided Meditations and journaling will be keys in our journey
The Summer heat can be challenging – let’s learn new ways of Self-Care and personal growth at this powerful time of the year.
Cycle of the Seasons #1
High Summer's Celebrations
Mother Nature's explosion of color and harvesting of abundance informs your transformation!
• We will harvest the herbs and the ideas that we planted in the Spring, as well as learn what elements, meditations, gems and Earth Wisdom we can use to shape our goals and health.
• Share your challenges and triumphs from the goals you worked on!
Which tree will you be? A huge oak or Japanese maple? Which color appeals to you and why? Come learn this and so much more.
Cycle of the Seasons #2
Autumn's Harvest of Blessings
Animals and The Earth hibernate in the Winter months – all goes quiet and rests. How can we use this tranquil time to contemplate, process and transform our year’s actions?
• Dark chilly days do not have to shut us down – we will also learn ways to use light, gems, and many other tools to lift our spirits in the Darker Times of the Year.
• Guided Meditations and Journaling will also take us on a journey within, as we burrow deeply into our spirits.
Even in the Shorter Days and Longer Nights, you have a fire in your spirit! Let’s tend it together.
Cycle of the Seasons #3
Winter's Deep Dive Within
There is still a chill in the air – but the Spring Equinox is when the light becomes more than in the darkness of Winter.
• What is going on in the land that we connect to in the Spring?
• What frozen habits will melt away and what will we plant for the coming year?
• We will be planting herb seeds, and infusing it with our intentions and wishes for the coming season. They will go in an herb box that I will keep and tend. We will harvest the herbs at the Autumn Grounding class!
Cycle of the Seasons #4
The Earth Awakens